|OutdoorWire Policies: Staff & Contributors Master Copyright Agreement
As a staff member of, or contributor to, the OutdoorWire and any of its associated publications and/or companies (collectively referred to herein as "OutdoorWire"), you may receive several tangible and intangible benefits.
Subject to certain conditions, including your current position, status, and tenure with OutdoorWire, possible benefits you may receive at some point may include, but are not limited to:
- Eligibility to participate in OutdoorWire revenue sharing plans.
- Eligibility for stock ownership in OutdoorWire.
- Eligibility for cash payments.
- OutdoorWire merchandise.
- Merchandise from outside entities/vendors provided for review or editorial coverage in any OutdoorWire publication, or inclusion in OutdoorWire-sponsored projects.
- Admittance into events based upon your affiliation with OutdoorWire.
- Preferential access to contacts, vendors and companies based upon your affiliation with OutdoorWire.
For purposes of copyright, any work and/or materials that you produce for OutdoorWire will be considered work for hire. You grant OutdoorWire the copyrights to work and/or materials you submit for the use, publication and/or benefit by OutdoorWire, subject to the following:
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, OutdoorWire shall be granted full and complete copyrights on all materials written or produced exclusively for OutdoorWire.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, OutdoorWire shall be granted full and complete copyrights on all materials written or produced as a result of materials, products, or an event admission which has been given to the author for purposes of inclusion on OutdoorWire.
- If the author of the material has previously published the material in another medium, then the author shall grant OutdoorWire the exclusive copyright to the material for electronic publication and publication on the Internet and/or the world wide web.
- If the author of the material has previously published the material electronically or on the World Wide Web in a non-commercial format or publication, then the author of the material grants OutdoorWire the exclusive commercial rights to current and future publication of the material.
- If the author of the material has previously published the material electronically in a commercial format or publication, then the author of the material grants OutdoorWire the non-exclusive rights to publish the material for no less than a period of ten (10) years. After this period the author may revoke this right in writing.
- If the material consists exclusively of pictures or photographs produced by a commercial photographer, and not produced exclusively for OutdoorWire, then the author of the photographs grants OutdoorWire the non-exclusive right to publish those photographs for a period of not less than ten (10) years. After this period the
author may revoke this right in writing.
Exceptions to this Master Copyright Agreement are granted exclusively in writing by OutdoorWire. Unless otherwise specifically agreed to in the written exception, all such exceptions are granted for a single specific instance or piece of work.
You indicate acceptance of this agreement for each article or any work submitted, by submitting that article or work to OutdoorWire for publication. If the article or work submitted has been previously published, or is subject any of the above terms, or is subject to any other conditions that limit the scope of OutdoorWire's copyrights, you must indicate any such conditions when submitting the article or work. By submitting any work, article, or material to OutdoorWire you guarantee to OutdoorWire that you are to original copyright holder in the work, article, or material submitted.