Well, it took a few months longer than planned but my trooper is finally in one piece!
Put the body on saturday night after a quick and dirty paint job for the frame (see below) and the engine started up monday afternoon.. Everything is working, but it needs new front calipers, that'll have to wait until next week..
I discovered some rot on the 2.8 frame, and had to get help with welding which took awhile, I know its not going to last forever. However I am saving the frame the red body came off which is virtually rust free, to use later on (possibly in conjunction with a 3.4 swap? hmm).
I learned alot about the trooper doing this project and I dont regret doing it this way, now I feel much more comfortable working on it, I had almost zero experience as a mechanic when I started. There are a ton of (possibly interesting) details I could write about that I cant remember now, so heres a couple pics:
This site and all original materials contained herein are Copyright 1999 - 2013 by OutdoorWire, Inc. -- All Rights Reserved.
You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material.
All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This publication and OutdoorWire, Inc. assume no liability for your use of the material contained within this site.
OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, SUVWire, JeepWire, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc.