4x4Wire Trail Talk Forums: Jeep, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Pajero, Isuzu, Kia, 4WD, 4x4, SUV, Off-Road and OutdoorWire Forums
RUST BULLET AUTOMOTIVE
Extreme Terrain

TrailTalk Forums | 4x4Wire | 4x4Voice | OutdoorWire | MUIRNet News | 4x4Wire on: FaceBook | Google+

Isuzu TrailTalk Forums
More Isuzu on 4x4Wire: 4x4Wire Isuzu Section | 4x4Wire Isuzu Tech
Isuzu Forums: Isuzu 4x4 and SUV Talk | Isuzu 4x4 and SUV Tech | Isuzu Diesel

Isuzu Forums >> Isuzu 4x4 & SUV Tech

89TrooperSteve
Need a Spot

Reged: 01/05/05
Loc: Maryville, Tn, 15 minutes from...
89 Trooper 3.4 Engine Swap
      11/28/08 03:14 PM

Hey Guys,

Been a while since I visited so HELLO to everyone. I am getting ready to do the BIG SWAP from the anemic 2.8 to the healthy 3.4 and I am needing a part number for the GM Crate Engine that I need to order. Been looking online and the only one I can find says it is for an automatic trans and for engines with carburetors only NOT TBI. See AD info below...

HT 3.4 V6 Crate Engine S10 Truck Repower 12363230 Description
Tired of that tired 2.8 V6 in your S-truck? It's time for a major upgrade, GM Performance Parts style. The HT 3.4 is a bolt in replacement for the 2.8 V6 in your 1982 - 1985 S-10 pickup or Blazer with automatic transmission. And it's emission legal in 49 states (Yes, you guessed it, California said no.) But for the rest of us, the HT 3.4 is the best thing going. With 160 horsepower and 194 Ft. Lbs. of torque your truck will feel better than new, and tow better than ever. The heads have large 1.72" intake and 1.42" exhaust valves and combustion chambers that yield a healthy 9 to 1 compression ratio. The camshaft is a high lift, short duration design, developed to produce lots of strong low end torque and mid range horsepower. With .427" intake and .454" exhaust lift, the cam ensures a strong pull to 5000 RPM. Doesn't sound like your 2.8 V6 at all does it? It isn't, when GM Performance Parts develops an engine we focus on making power. But not power for the sake of power, but power where you need it. For great drivability, towing performance and maybe even a little off road fun. The HT 3.4, a serious upgrade for your favorite little truck. With 40 more horsepower than your 2.8 V6, why would you even consider rebuilding that old 2.8? The induction system, ignition system, exhaust, emission controls, water pump and other parts required to bolt in your new HT 3.4 are already on your truck. Sounds like a weekend project or talk to your GM Performance Parts Authorized Center, they can install it for you.
Technical Notes:
This is for engines with carburetors only, not released for TBI usage. This engine does not have a clutch boss on the side of the block for standard transmission application
Service Parts Listing

I need to know the GM part number that will work with my 89 Trooper the best and if there are any GM 3.4 Crate Engines that would be better to order if I am looking for the best gas mileage. The one listed above seems to have quite a bit of low/mid range torque. Any help appreciated

--------------------
Steven Phipps
President/Founder
Blount County Humane Society
Save a Litter Spay your Critter!
www.blountcountyhumanesociety.org

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* 89 Trooper 3.4 Engine Swap 89TrooperSteve 11/28/08 03:14 PM
. * * Re: 89 Trooper 3.4 Engine Swap Jim_PagetModerator   11/28/08 06:26 PM
. * * Re: 89 Trooper 3.4 Engine Swap 89TrooperSteve   11/28/08 07:21 PM
. * * Re: 89 Trooper 3.4 Engine Swap 89TrooperSteve   11/29/08 12:58 AM
. * * Re: 89 Trooper 3.4 Engine Swap Storm Trooper   12/05/08 02:30 PM
. * * Re: 89 Trooper 3.4 Engine Swap Ed Mc   11/29/08 01:51 AM
. * * Re: 89 Trooper 3.4 Engine Swap vr4   11/28/08 04:32 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  jezeric, houlster, Jim_Paget, mlclark, strawmyers 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2877

Rate this thread

Jump to

4x4Wire.com | OutdoorWire | MUIRNet News | 4x4Voice | 4x4Wire on FaceBook
About 4x4Wire | Advertiser's Guide |
This site and all original materials contained herein are Copyright 1999 - 2013 by OutdoorWire, Inc. -- All Rights Reserved.
The use of this website, OutdoorWire, or any of its publications or services is subject to the terms of use agreement.
You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material.
All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This publication and OutdoorWire, Inc. assume no liability for your use of the material contained within this site.
OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, SUVWire, JeepWire, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc.

Contact 4x4Wire | Privacy statement 4x4Wire TrailTalk Forums