NOTICE: 4x4Wire is experiencing technical difficulties with the ability add new posts. We are working to resolve the issue. You can reply to existing posts. Please direct any question to me at [email protected]
I did not have any Gen 2 parts for this upgrade, so I modified what I had. I will replace these modified parts when they show up at my local wrecking yard. Using yellow handle tin snips for the backing plates and my hand held cut off wheel for the clips, this is what happen.
Top of the backing plate without being cut.
Top of the backing plate after being cut.
Bottom of the backing plate without being cut.
Bottom of the backing plate after being cut.
I had to bend the hard brake line just a little bit to get it to fit. I also modified the brake line clips by cutting off one of the legs. Swap the left one to the right side and the right to the left side. The next picture show the clip and hard line in place.
I did go back and smooth up the edges.
All part (1995 Gen 2 3L) were purchased from NAPA.
I notice when pulling my boat today, that this was worth the effort.
EDIT: It's been discovered that you need to also verify the brake rotor is thick enough so your pads (once worn down) won't slip out between the caliper housing and rotor . You MUST REVIEW that thread before performing this mod.
-------------------- Michael j
Grasscat III, 1994 Gen 2 Five speed, Stock ( for a little while )
GrassCat II, 1998 Gen 2.5 Locked and loaded. Ran off with Hector.
This site and all original materials contained herein are Copyright 1999 - 2013 by OutdoorWire, Inc. -- All Rights Reserved.
You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material.
All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This publication and OutdoorWire, Inc. assume no liability for your use of the material contained within this site.
OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, SUVWire, JeepWire, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc.