It appears the '95 Montero 3.5 DOHC w/ 93K miles that I've owned for 3 days needs the valve seals. So... I've spent a number of hours here reading away, and it looks I can do them w/out reomving the heads using either the compressed air or rope method.
I've done a number of searches, and if anything I'm getting too many hits to successfully narrow downa few things. If anybody has any insight to the following, I'd appreciate it:
- Good source for a preferred (Chilton? Haynes?) service manual?
- Is there a HowTo/writeup for this procedure on this specific engine?
- What valve spring compressor is small enough to do the job on vehicele? (I've seen several suggested, but no confirmations that they did the job)
- Are there updated seals that won't harden in 60K miles?
- Is the lower plenum a must while I've got it off? (bushing issue)
- Any other insights, or anybody who has done it willing to PM?
Thanks for any helo you may be able to offer.
-1995 Montero SR 3.5L V6 DOHC
This site and all original materials contained herein are Copyright 1999 - 2013 by OutdoorWire, Inc. -- All Rights Reserved.
You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material.
All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This publication and OutdoorWire, Inc. assume no liability for your use of the material contained within this site.
OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, SUVWire, JeepWire, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc.