NOTICE: 4x4Wire is experiencing technical difficulties with the ability add new posts. We are working to resolve the issue. You can reply to existing posts. Please direct any question to me at [email protected]
here's a little progress report on suzi's steering upgrade(we hope): i gave up the idea of making some one-off thing to run the steering pump. i wimped out and threw money around. i found that samurai folks have done this sort of conversion, and some real nice v-belt/ribbed-belt pulleys are available for sammy 1.3L engines.
the stock pump mounting bracket almost fits and seems to line things up pretty close, so i drilled it to fit the bolt pattern on the block.
i've put everything back together(at least enough for a test run), and i hope to test things tomorrow. this should be interesting.
-------------------- '89 kick w/some modifications.
suzi the psychic gets me fishing.
This site and all original materials contained herein are Copyright 1999 - 2013 by OutdoorWire, Inc. -- All Rights Reserved.
You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material.
All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This publication and OutdoorWire, Inc. assume no liability for your use of the material contained within this site.
OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, SUVWire, JeepWire, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc.