Today, I got to the shop early and got some work done. John put the flywheel on while I cleaned up the bellhousing and got some odds and ends going. Once the adapter, clutch and bellhousing was bolted up, we took a little time to check the engine bay one more time.
Here is the engine with all of it's necessary accessories
And with the Howell harness attached
And bolted in
We pulled the transmission out to put in a twin stick kit in. Yeah for 2 Low!
The last thing that came in today was the heavy OME kit to clear the 33s that I traded a D44 for.
Ron and John will get the transmission installed tomorrow while I'm off taking care of thesis stuff, and I hope to get the wiring harness routed and computer mounted on Thursday. My custom radiator will be here Thursday, as well, so hopefully, the cooling system will be finished up this week. On Friday, I plan to install the OME kit and get the rig out for exhaust. There is still a lot to do, but I'm plugging right along and hope to have this rig back on the road in the not-so-distant future.
As seen on Expedition with TX plates: VEGETARIAN - An old Indian word for poor hunter
This site and all original materials contained herein are Copyright 1999 - 2013 by OutdoorWire, Inc. -- All Rights Reserved.
You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material.
All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This publication and OutdoorWire, Inc. assume no liability for your use of the material contained within this site.
OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, SUVWire, JeepWire, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc.