so anyway i had to put a new head on and adjust everything else. the p.o. aparently did nothing but drive it. asked me where the clutch fluid went. seemed to be suprised the 4x4 worked. soon i realized the stock tires were too small, and that it would be nice to have more ground clearance, so i got 235x75x15 tires(on 7"rims) and some pucks to jack up the suspension.
used longer shocks for the rear- from spec. part of the shock catalog- think they fit a mustang. in the front are the stock struts with the strut mount flipped and spaced 1/2". gives decent droop. chucked the sway bar.
i did a minor body lift and decided on 31x10.5 tires, after the end of the second season.
body lift was by rearanging the doughnuts and adding some old conveyor belt material. only @ 1 1/8" , but it helped. of course i still had to cut/bend/hammer the front wells to reduce rubbing.
-------------------- '89 kick w/some modifications.
suzi the psychic gets me fishing.
This site and all original materials contained herein are Copyright 1999 - 2013 by OutdoorWire, Inc. -- All Rights Reserved.
You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material.
All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This publication and OutdoorWire, Inc. assume no liability for your use of the material contained within this site.
OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, SUVWire, JeepWire, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc.