4x4Wire Trail Talk Forums: Jeep, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Pajero, Isuzu, Kia, 4WD, 4x4, SUV, Off-Road and OutdoorWire Forums
RUST BULLET AUTOMOTIVE
Extreme Terrain

TrailTalk Forums | 4x4Wire | 4x4Voice | OutdoorWire | MUIRNet News | 4x4Wire on: FaceBook | Google+

4x4Wire Mitsubishi Trail Talk Forums

More Mitsubishi on 4x4Wire: 4x4Wire Mitsubishi Section | Mitsubishi Tech
4x4Wire TrailTalk Mitsubishi Forums: Mitsubishi 4x4 and SUV Tech | Mitsubishi Diesels | Mitsubishi Archives

Mitsubishi Forums >> Mitsubishi Archive

KrzyDav
Body Damage is Cool

Reged: 03/11/03
Loc: SLO County, CA 93453
Re: Gen 1 to Gen 2 brake upgrade.
      09/10/08 05:59 PM

I put M.Sport front calipers on my SWB 89 3.0.( THey are exactly the same calipers on gen 2s)
I trimmed my original dust shields, too. I was concerned a blob of grease from the ball joint might get on the rotors and contaminate the pads, because of how much protection I removed. I went back and got the dust shields off the M.Sport and put them on last week.

The shield bolt holes lined up with the knuckle, except the top one that bolts to the caliper is off about 3/16".
I installed new Gen 1 brake hoses and they work fine. I didn't have to bend and metal breaklines, I just kept the metal lines and brakets on that came with the M.Sport's Calipers.
On the new shields I had to trim off a pie shaped piece about an inch long on the bottom of the shield, cutting along a crimp from the edge all the way to the edge of the crimped circle center area .
The bottom of the new shield overlaped the bottom part of the caliper.
I got the brake parts off a 98 2wd M.Sport. Same brakes ,,,easier to work on/ remove...

--------------------
dave h.
'89 Raider V6 5spd;Aisin Hubs;M.Sport(=LS)frt. calipers; Gen2 LS: rear coils;U.C.arms;R.trailing arms;idler arm; rear LSD axle w.disc brakes;2 battery system for Dog's fan; relocated ECU; custom bumpers;J.Baker receiver;Conferr roofrack; t-bar crank.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Gen 1 to Gen 2 brake upgrade. Grasscat 09/10/08 01:47 AM
. * * Re: Gen 1 to Gen 2 brake upgrade. KrzyDav   09/10/08 05:59 PM
. * * Re: Gen 1 to Gen 2 brake upgrade. LRJ4x4   09/10/08 04:13 PM
. * * Re: Gen 1 to Gen 2 brake upgrade. Grasscat   09/10/08 05:20 PM
. * * Re: Gen 1 to Gen 2 brake upgrade. hazy_daze   09/10/08 05:28 PM
. * * Re: Gen 1 to Gen 2 brake upgrade. hazy_daze   09/10/08 08:04 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  PHIL, off-roader 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 10220

Rate this thread

Jump to

4x4Wire.com | OutdoorWire | MUIRNet News | 4x4Voice | 4x4Wire on FaceBook
About 4x4Wire | Advertiser's Guide |
This site and all original materials contained herein are Copyright 1999 - 2013 by OutdoorWire, Inc. -- All Rights Reserved.
The use of this website, OutdoorWire, or any of its publications or services is subject to the terms of use agreement.
You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material.
All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This publication and OutdoorWire, Inc. assume no liability for your use of the material contained within this site.
OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, SUVWire, JeepWire, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc.

Contact 4x4Wire | Privacy statement 4x4Wire TrailTalk Forums