Finally, after 30k miles and two years I've got this motor running just right.
With a new top end and remanufactured bottom end I have always expected the motor to run and sound like new. I've never been able to achieve goal until now. The slightly rough idle disappeared and mid RPM went smooth as can ever be expected when I went about the task of testing each and every sensor, yet again... something happened during the process of cleaning (blowing-out with air) each connector and applying dialectic cream b/4 reconnecting. BTW, I have never threw a ECU code and all other tune-up procedures were spot on.
Wow! Some connection(s) somewhere was not good but sure is now! I give this procedure a solid recommendation to anyone who is also pursuing A Superior State of Tune
I just went through the engine swap and I too have the simptoms you have stated. did you do every sensor? electrical connection? like the injectors? i was told to solder them but just didn't have the time. i thought this to be my problem.....
Quote: I just went through the engine swap and I too have the simptoms you have stated. did you do every sensor? electrical connection? like the injectors? i was told to solder them but just didn't have the time. i thought this to be my problem.....
Every sensor, connector and yes, even the injector connectors... I did 'em all.
This site and all original materials contained herein are Copyright 1999 - 2013 by OutdoorWire, Inc. -- All Rights Reserved.
You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material.
All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This publication and OutdoorWire, Inc. assume no liability for your use of the material contained within this site.
OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, SUVWire, JeepWire, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc.