4x4Wire Trail Talk Forums: Jeep, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Pajero, Isuzu, Kia, 4WD, 4x4, SUV, Off-Road and OutdoorWire Forums
RUST BULLET AUTOMOTIVE
Extreme Terrain

TrailTalk Forums | 4x4Wire | 4x4Voice | OutdoorWire | MUIRNet News | 4x4Wire on: FaceBook | Google+

Isuzu TrailTalk Forums
More Isuzu on 4x4Wire: 4x4Wire Isuzu Section | 4x4Wire Isuzu Tech
Isuzu Forums: Isuzu 4x4 and SUV Talk | Isuzu 4x4 and SUV Tech | Isuzu Diesel

Isuzu Forums >> Isuzu 4x4 & SUV Talk

Pages: 1
jsutton
Getting the Wheeling Fever

Reged: 10/17/05
Loc: Sterlington, LA
3in body lift on 2nd gen Rodeo
      #797041 - 10/19/05 12:53 PM

I was looking through the galleries and I saw a few 1999 rodeos with 3" performance accessories body lifts on them. Well when I went to the PA website they only had applications for 90-94 I think it was. There was not one for the 99 I was just wondering if the one for the older rodeo's are the same for the newer ones? I plan on the 3" body lift then torsion bar crank for the front, new springs for the back, and 32 inch tires. So any help would be great. I want my rodeo to stand out. There aren't any lifted rodeos in my town.

Jason
99 rodeo

--------------------
Jason
1999 Rodeo
2001 Montero Sport

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
anubis
Mudrunner

Reged: 01/31/05
Loc: VA, Richmond
Re: 3in body lift on 2nd gen Rodeo [Re: jsutton]
      #797051 - 10/19/05 01:12 PM

I did the 3 inch body lift on a 2002 passport. basically the same as yours. Turned out nice. Tokk the better part of a weekend though with some help from some friends. Started out with 2 of us working on it and then ended up with 4 people and we worked in 2 differnet groups on seperate tasks.

that kit will fit yours not many parts will be used fron the kit except for the bolts nuts and pucks. You should go ahead and get some hardend steel washers for it as well. The kit ones bent on me after about a month. I eneded up having to rplace them although it did not take long cause I just did them once at a time. Le me know if you want a write up on it that I did. Basically a checklist that is pretty step by step to follow.

--------------------
2002 Honda Passport. 3 inch Indy4x lift with 912 OME's. 265 75 BFG m/t's with a 3 inch body lift, safari rack, tube sliders, tube rear bumper, on-board air

jsutton

Re: 3in body lift on 2nd gen Rodeo [Re: anubis]
      #797104 - 10/19/05 02:52 PM

Thanks!!!! and shoot yea if you have some step by step how to's i would love that. How do i need to get it, do you need my email or is it posted somewhere? Thanks again that is what i wanted to hear 3" of lift for $150 bucks . Now i just have to find out about the springs!

--------------------
Jason
1999 Rodeo
2001 Montero Sport

anubis
Mudrunner

#797107 - 10/19/05 03:01 PM

send me an email to bryanl_23@msn.com I will forward along what I have to you. you cango to independant4x.com for the springs and everything else you need. matt is a good guy and he is local for me. he'll help you out

--------------------
2002 Honda Passport. 3 inch Indy4x lift with 912 OME's. 265 75 BFG m/t's with a 3 inch body lift, safari rack, tube sliders, tube rear bumper, on-board air

jsutton

Re: 3in body lift on 2nd gen Rodeo [Re: anubis]
      #804221 - 11/04/05 02:19 PM

Bryan after reading your step by step, which is great I might add and reading the article online here it seems like the only thing used out of the kit was the screws, bolts, and pucks. Do you think I could just order the pucks from Indy4X for 5.99 each and just buy the hardware at a local bolt and nut supply house? If I just do that, then what diameter size pucks came with the kit? The example picture on the website shows 12 pucks 4 large and 8 smaller diameter. I was just wondering if this would be an option since i don't need the bumper brackets or steering extension. Just wondering? Thanks again for the write up.

jason

--------------------
Jason
1999 Rodeo
2001 Montero Sport

Bansil
Body Damage is Cool

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Under my wifes RODEO in EastTN
      #804275 - 11/04/05 05:17 PM

Here is another write up,pretty much the same as Anibus' writeup.
2nd gen Rodeo bodylift writeup

The hardest part will be finding the 2 metric bolts you need for the captured nuts inside the body.

Bansil

--------------------

98 Rodeo(hers)
00 Rodeo(his)

Lisa's Rodeo

jsutton

Re: 3in body lift on 2nd gen Rodeo [Re: Bansil]
      #804280 - 11/04/05 05:33 PM

Thanks. We have a place here in town called construction bolts that is a whole warehouse of nothing but nuts, bolts, and washers. So hopefully they will have them. So Bansil did you buy the kit or just the pucks and do it that way? I mean if I can just buy the pucks for 5.99 X 12 (if that is the right # of pucks) is $71.88 plus nuts and bolts where as the kit is $131.99 with parts i don't really need. Anyway like I said I was just wondering trying to see about saving that 60 bucks and putting it towards buying the 2 1/2" coil spacers from Jack-it. Thanks!!

Jason

--------------------
Jason
1999 Rodeo
2001 Montero Sport

Edited by jsutton (11/04/05 05:35 PM)

anubis
Mudrunner

#804448 - 11/05/05 07:54 AM

that would be a nice way to go, I know that locally though All bolts that I found were actually a slight bit narrower than the ones in the kit. not a big deal but seemed like the kit was a little tighter. As far as the metric ones for the body catches, like bansil said it is very hard to find those, maybe not the thread pattern but the length of them at that thread pattern.

Also if you plan on doing modds down the road to other things, I would say to get the whole kit. I am still pulling hardware out of it for remounting other things, and just about anything else I can use them for. I will try and get a measurement of the pucks. I think that I have a few spares in my kit still.

Oh yea what year are you doing this for. I did not see that. that will change the number body catch bolts that you need. Also I used the steel rods in the kit to due my shifter extension.

--------------------

Bansil
Body Damage is Cool

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Under my wifes RODEO in EastTN
      #805107 - 11/07/05 05:12 AM

I bought the whole kit from Independant4x,as to what you should do......well......I like to support our vendors and he does alot for us.

As for when i do another one,I will buy seperate pc's.
If you buy the kit you will still have to buy atleast 2 more long bolts and nuts.......the kit comes with 4 metric bolts but 2nd gens only need 2 of them,the other two bolts are thru bolts.

Try calling him and ordering the pucks from him,he might be able to beat the other price also.

--------------------

98 Rodeo(hers)
00 Rodeo(his)

Lisa's Rodeo

jsutton

Re: 3in body lift on 2nd gen Rodeo [Re: Bansil]
      #805132 - 11/07/05 09:39 AM

Thanks to both of you for all the great information!! It is a 99 2wd with a 5 speed. I was originally planning on getting the whole kit but it had just occured to me if I didn't need it all why buy it all but after ya'll talking about the bolts being hard to find, even at a bolt distributor and stuff, I am just gonna go ahead and get the whole kit. I really appreciate the replies and write ups! Thanks again to both of you!

Jason
99 Rodeo

--------------------
Jason
1999 Rodeo
2001 Montero Sport

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  jezeric, Jim_Paget, houlster, mlclark, strawmyers 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1740

Rate this topic

Jump to

4x4Wire.com | OutdoorWire | MUIRNet News | 4x4Voice | 4x4Wire on FaceBook
About 4x4Wire | Advertiser's Guide |
This site and all original materials contained herein are Copyright 1999 - 2013 by OutdoorWire, Inc. -- All Rights Reserved.
The use of this website, OutdoorWire, or any of its publications or services is subject to the terms of use agreement.
You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material.
All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This publication and OutdoorWire, Inc. assume no liability for your use of the material contained within this site.
OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, SUVWire, JeepWire, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc.

Contact 4x4Wire | Privacy statement 4x4Wire TrailTalk Forums