4x4Wire Trail Talk Forums: Jeep, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Pajero, Isuzu, Kia, 4WD, 4x4, SUV, Off-Road and OutdoorWire Forums
RUST BULLET AUTOMOTIVE
Extreme Terrain

TrailTalk Forums | 4x4Wire | 4x4Voice | OutdoorWire | MUIRNet News | 4x4Wire on: FaceBook | Google+

4x4Wire Kia Forums
4x4Wire TrailTalk Kia Forums: Kia Talk | Kia Sportage and Sorento Tech

Kia Forums >> Kia Sportage & Sorento Tech

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Location of connector C123 and C124...
      #320673 - 07/22/03 02:15 PM

AxeMan,
Do you happen to know where this connection is physically located in the engine wiring harness??? The service bulletin/recall information says there is a connector(s) which works itself loose. I am wondering if I might be able to physically plug this connector back in if it is loose??? What do you think???

Red Arrow

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Axe ManModerator
Kia Moderator Emeritus

Reged: 03/02/02
Loc: Highland, NY
Re: Location of connector C123 and C124... [Re: ]
      #320755 - 07/22/03 04:32 PM

Ain't this something. The electrical manual does NOT describe where C123 and C124 are physically located. But it shows them on the schematics. If you send me an e-mail at [email protected] I'll forward to you what I have. C123 is for the fuel injectors. C124 is for the Idle Air Control Valve.

--------------------
1998 Sportage - Gone.
2004 Honda Civic Coupe.
2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara - She got it.

Axe ManModerator
Kia Moderator Emeritus

Re: Location of connector C123 and C124... [Re: Axe Man]
      #320780 - 07/22/03 05:28 PM

If you go to Http://www.kiatechinfo.com and then look up the TSB's it might describe where those connectors are located. I can't get into the site now....seems to be down.

--------------------
1998 Sportage - Gone.
2004 Honda Civic Coupe.

Axe ManModerator
Kia Moderator Emeritus

#321282 - 07/23/03 12:25 PM

I got into the site today and I found that TSB. And I ran a hardcopy of it. It is one messy job to do yourself. You have to remove the intake pipe, throttle body, and the intake manifold. I would strongly suggest you have the dealer do it. It's free even if you are out of warranty.

--------------------
1998 Sportage - Gone.
2004 Honda Civic Coupe.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#322666 - 07/25/03 01:36 PM

Thanks for the advice... I actually had this recall performed yesterday (Thursday) and guess what... This morning, I go outside and start her up and it is still misfiring when cold... Not so much after it is warm, but a lot when it is the first time starting for the day... I already informed the Service Advisor at the Kia Dealership and he said both himself and the mechanic ran a full "data test" on the entire engine when it was completed... Tom said the computer checked every sensor and gadget on the engine and it checked out fine, according to the computer... So, I spoke with my brother about this, he used to be a Kia mechanic... Our current assumption of this issue is we think either the spark plug wires, or the coil packs are arcing against the engine when it is idling, and when I press the accelerator and bring it above idle, the coils generate a stronger spark and then this allows the plugs to fire... What do you think???

Thanks,
Red Arrow

Axe ManModerator
Kia Moderator Emeritus

Re: Location of connector C123 and C124... [Re: ]
      #322695 - 07/25/03 02:53 PM

Could be. Worth a shot. Although I would think the ECM would set a misfire code. But perhaps not.

Another thought: maybe the valve cover gasket is leaking internally to the plug wells. You'll know as soon as you pull the coil packs and plug wires. If they have oil on them your valve cover gasket is shot.

Maybe even a bum spark plug?

--------------------
1998 Sportage - Gone.
2004 Honda Civic Coupe.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#323542 - 07/27/03 10:50 PM

Quote:

Could be. Worth a shot. Although I would think the ECM would set a misfire code. But perhaps not.

Another thought: maybe the valve cover gasket is leaking internally to the plug wells. You'll know as soon as you pull the coil packs and plug wires. If they have oil on them your valve cover gasket is shot.

Maybe even a bum spark plug?

Could be very true. Not all electrical problems set off the CE light.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#326929 - 08/02/03 06:30 PM

Hey AxeMan...
Well, I had the recall completed for the fuel injection wiring harness... Then, I pickup the Kia and guess what... Still had the same misfiring problem... After speaking with my brother and checking the ignition wires myself today... I found the original ignition wires were arcing right through the top of the spark plug boot, you know where the rubber "flange" is that rests on the top of the cylinder head/valve cover.... So, I replaced the two ignition wires, but the coil packs were out of stock at the local kia dealer... So, I figured out a good work around... Under the coil packs, are the other spark plug boots... These were shorting out as well, as evidenced by orange/rust colored powder on the boot... My brother said this shows where the moisture was collecting and allowing the wiring to short... Anyway, I covered the boots in a single layer of electrical tape, and it works!!! This is of course temporary... I will be getting the new coil packs on Tuesday from the local dealer...

Thanks for all the good help!!!

Take care, Matthew

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Axe Man, DamKia, DRX350 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1609

Rate this topic

Jump to

4x4Wire.com | OutdoorWire | MUIRNet News | 4x4Voice | 4x4Wire on FaceBook
About 4x4Wire | Advertiser's Guide |
This site and all original materials contained herein are Copyright 1999 - 2013 by OutdoorWire, Inc. -- All Rights Reserved.
The use of this website, OutdoorWire, or any of its publications or services is subject to the terms of use agreement.
You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material.
All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This publication and OutdoorWire, Inc. assume no liability for your use of the material contained within this site.
OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, SUVWire, JeepWire, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc.

Contact 4x4Wire | Privacy statement 4x4Wire TrailTalk Forums