4x4Wire Trail Talk Forums: Jeep, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Pajero, Isuzu, Kia, 4WD, 4x4, SUV, Off-Road and OutdoorWire Forums
RUST BULLET AUTOMOTIVE
Extreme Terrain

TrailTalk Forums | 4x4Wire | 4x4Voice | OutdoorWire | MUIRNet News | 4x4Wire on: FaceBook | Google+

4x4Wire Mitsubishi Trail Talk Forums

More Mitsubishi on 4x4Wire: 4x4Wire Mitsubishi Section | Mitsubishi Tech
4x4Wire TrailTalk Mitsubishi Forums: Mitsubishi 4x4 and SUV Tech | Mitsubishi Diesels | Mitsubishi Archives

Mitsubishi Forums >> Mitsubishi 4x4 & SUV Tech

Pages: 1
DanWheeler
Rock Warrior

Reged: 01/07/00
Loc: Kirkland, WA USA
Weber 32/36 DGV vs DFV
      #663355 - 01/20/05 01:16 PM

I've finally figured out why none of the cool Weber air cleaner adapter parts out there fit my Weber carb. I have a DFV series which means it is reversed direction. I had a mechanic order and install this thing several years ago and I have no idea why he went with the reversed direction carb. My question is: Is there any functional difference between the regular and reverse direction? Why might a reverse direction carb be needed? I'm thinking about scrapping this thing and getting a DGV series so I can finally put a snorkel on this thing. Oh yeah, the carb is also possesed, so it will be nice to get rid of it.

Thanks,
dan

For Sale: Weber 32/36 DFV Carburetor. Slightly possesed. Reversed direction.

--------------------
1986 Montero 2.6l
31X10.5 BFG MT - Weber carb with custom intake
Rear LSD - RCI seats - Oil cooler - Manual hubs
Custom bumpers front and rear + rock sliders

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
powerRam50
Body Damage is Cool

Reged: 01/15/03
Loc: springfield,oregon
Re: Weber 32/36 DGV vs DFV [Re: DanWheeler]
      #663411 - 01/20/05 02:41 PM

how much for the carb?how is it possesed?

--------------------
87 dodge power ram 50,35" tires,5 1/2" total lift,4.6 gears,lockers front and rear,Rancho RS5000's,custom front bumper,custom rock sliders,cct extended diff breathers,75 amp alt(40 amp stock),thorely header,K&N,wheeled hard...

torquemonster
Body Damage is Cool

Reged: 01/12/05
Loc: Red Deer, Alberta
Re: Weber 32/36 DGV vs DFV [Re: powerRam50]
      #663428 - 01/20/05 03:11 PM

I have a 32/36 DGAV carb and yea its posessed too. your not the only one. My carb likes to chug on me when its idling sometimes but then when I open the hood I must scare it back to normal cause it seems like as soon as I pop the hood the idling clears up and it runs awesome. Its just doing it to inconvenience me. haha. Webers are extremely fussy carburetors, a lot of people hate them cause they cant get them to run right. Webers take TONS of fine tuning to get it perfect, and once you get it perfect, they are pretty damn amazing.

torquemonster
Body Damage is Cool

Re: Weber 32/36 DGV vs DFV [Re: torquemonster]
      #663440 - 01/20/05 03:25 PM

And I would much rather work on a weber than a factory carb.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Weber 32/36 DGV vs DFV [Re: DanWheeler]
      #663626 - 01/20/05 08:57 PM

The DFV series are mirror images of the DGV series. The DFV models were for automatic transmission Montero/Raider models and they are reversed because of the linkage. The DGV series are for standard transmissions only (according to Weber). Unfortunately, K&N only makes adapters for the DGV series.

K614 (AT) 32/36 DFEV
K610 (Standard) 32/36 DGEV

Can anyone confirm if a DGV series would fit on an Automatic transmission Raider/Montero?

-Dan

Edited by dandingo (01/21/05 02:13 PM)

wyleone
Body Damage is Cool

Reged: 06/11/04
Re: Weber 32/36 DGV vs DFV [Re: ]
      #663816 - 01/21/05 01:18 AM

32/36 DGEV on 2.6L w/kickdown kit. Love it. Mine chugs at idle too but only till the high idle is dropped off. The DFV is just a little harder to hook up the controls.

torquemonster
Body Damage is Cool

Re: Weber 32/36 DGV vs DFV [Re: wyleone]
      #663847 - 01/21/05 02:53 AM

all I know is the weber DFV series is pretty well identical to the Holly 5200 carburetor that came factory on some ford cars. As far as I know they are exactly the same but I could be wrong. I found one at an autorecker and I'm borrowing some parts out of it like the solid plastic float for when I throw boost at it, the hollow brass float isn't going to like boost at all. **crimple crumple**

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Weber 32/36 DGV vs DFV [Re: torquemonster]
      #664070 - 01/21/05 01:57 PM

Quote:

all I know is the weber DFV series is pretty well identical to the Holly 5200 carburetor that came factory on some ford cars. As far as I know they are exactly the same but I could be wrong.

That's pretty interesting. There are a whole bunch of the 5200's out there and parts are cheap and readily available. Anybody know if these have been successfully used on a 2.6 Gen I?

NathanC
Roll Me Over

Reged: 04/22/02
Loc: Brodhead, WI
Re: Weber 32/36 DGV vs DFV [Re: ]
      #664841 - 01/22/05 11:49 PM

I hate to sound like a search nazi, but Weber carb similarities to other production carbs is a topic that has been discussed here before.

--------------------
'06 Dakota QC 4.7 6sp 4x4
'88 Mighty Max project for sale
'77 KZ1000 fun old bike

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LandRaider, PHIL, off-roader 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1242

Rate this topic

Jump to

4x4Wire.com | OutdoorWire | MUIRNet News | 4x4Voice | 4x4Wire on FaceBook
About 4x4Wire | Advertiser's Guide |
This site and all original materials contained herein are Copyright 1999 - 2013 by OutdoorWire, Inc. -- All Rights Reserved.
The use of this website, OutdoorWire, or any of its publications or services is subject to the terms of use agreement.
You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material.
All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This publication and OutdoorWire, Inc. assume no liability for your use of the material contained within this site.
OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, SUVWire, JeepWire, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc.

Contact 4x4Wire | Privacy statement 4x4Wire TrailTalk Forums