4x4Wire Trail Talk Forums: Jeep, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Pajero, Isuzu, Kia, 4WD, 4x4, SUV, Off-Road and OutdoorWire Forums
RUST BULLET AUTOMOTIVE
Extreme Terrain

TrailTalk Forums | 4x4Wire | 4x4Voice | OutdoorWire | MUIRNet News | 4x4Wire on: FaceBook | Google+

4x4Wire Kia Forums
4x4Wire TrailTalk Kia Forums: Kia Talk | Kia Sportage and Sorento Tech

Kia Forums >> Kia Sportage & Sorento Tech

Pages: 1
supert8ch
Need a Spot

Reged: 10/06/09
Loc: Columbus, Ohio
2002 KIA Sportage lift and tuck
      #1210364 - 05/10/10 01:29 PM

Ok so as my daughter does not wish to learn driving a manual vehicle and with my new grand son do not wish for her to learn with him. I have to use it. And just not happy with it looking liking so basic. But in the same don't have lots of $ to throw at it. It only has 77k on it and sounds like I have to replace the brakes on the back for sure, fix broken tail pipe, has some high ideal and tires are about gone, metal showing on the front. And I think there is soemthing in the trany that will need to be looked at, shifter is sloppy and clutch just does not feel like its all there. I do not have lots of experance in doing these things. I have Full size Broncos with snow plows, thought it might be fun to have soemthing smaller but have some more hieght like them. And do not want to get into replacing lots of stuff, yet (wink wink). The wife will fight me on that.

So I found some tires, yes they are retreads but psat experance I have not had any problems with them, from Tread Wright. Looking at 235/75r-15, also changing out the auto hubs with Warn manuals. But at this time I am not sure what can be done on these little things, sorry I like my big trucks, with out loosing my arm or leg in the process.
Open for all ideas with this project. Thank you for your time.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DennisThompson
Body Damage is Cool

Reged: 03/15/02
Loc: Utah
Re: 2002 KIA Sportage lift and tuck [Re: supert8ch]
      #1210409 - 05/10/10 07:34 PM

1st place to go is (upyourkia.com) and get in touch with Everet on a spacer lift. If you Sportage is a 4 door it has the same wheelbace as your Bronco's and it also has the same lug pattern, The Ford wheels will not fit though because the center hole is to small for the Kia. With a mild lift and good tires the Sportage will shock you where it will go, just protect the oil pan. I had a 80 Bronco with 33" ATs and could not follow my boy in the Kia with 31" MTs and he had no off road experance and I have almost 30 years. I'm not slamming the Bronco's, I love'em but my Kia shocks me everytime I take it wheelin.

Good luck with your build, Dennis

--------------------
95 Sportage, gone, will be missed.
98 TJ Sport, 2" lift 31" Km2s. The start of a new project.

Everet
Body Damage is Cool

Reged: 08/10/06
Loc: Silicon Valley, CA
Re: 2002 KIA Sportage lift and tuck [Re: supert8ch]
      #1210595 - 05/12/10 09:38 AM

You shouldn't have any issues with the TREADWRIGHTS. I have over 20k on a set of 31's and they are about 1/3rd gone!!!

Their 30's should fit on your stock wheels.
My 2000 kis has 6.5" wide wheels. I think your 2002 should have the same.

Contact me about the lift kit when you're ready.

Everet

--------------------
WWW.UPYOURKIA.COM White 96,4x4, man.hubs,K&N filter,3row rad, twin 16" fans, 3" body lift, 4" UPYOURKIA LIFT KIT,265/75 16 TreadWrights on DC2 wheels,140 amp alt. dual batts. 2000 Sporty 2 door

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Axe Man, DamKia, DRX350 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1347

Rate this topic

Jump to

4x4Wire.com | OutdoorWire | MUIRNet News | 4x4Voice | 4x4Wire on FaceBook
About 4x4Wire | Advertiser's Guide |
This site and all original materials contained herein are Copyright 1999 - 2013 by OutdoorWire, Inc. -- All Rights Reserved.
The use of this website, OutdoorWire, or any of its publications or services is subject to the terms of use agreement.
You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material.
All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This publication and OutdoorWire, Inc. assume no liability for your use of the material contained within this site.
OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, SUVWire, JeepWire, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc.

Contact 4x4Wire | Privacy statement 4x4Wire TrailTalk Forums