4x4Wire Trail Talk Forums: Jeep, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Pajero, Isuzu, Kia, 4WD, 4x4, SUV, Off-Road and OutdoorWire Forums
RUST BULLET AUTOMOTIVE
Extreme Terrain

TrailTalk Forums | 4x4Wire | 4x4Voice | OutdoorWire | MUIRNet News | 4x4Wire on: FaceBook | Google+

Isuzu TrailTalk Forums
More Isuzu on 4x4Wire: 4x4Wire Isuzu Section | 4x4Wire Isuzu Tech
Isuzu Forums: Isuzu 4x4 and SUV Talk | Isuzu 4x4 and SUV Tech | Isuzu Diesel

Isuzu Forums >> Isuzu 4x4 & SUV Talk

Pages: 1
mlclarkModerator
Isuzu Moderator

Reged: 04/11/00
Loc: Ventura County
Forum Posting Guidelines
      #452882 - 02/12/04 01:53 AM

The guidelines below are intended to make things operate a bit smoother on our forums.

First off, welcome if you are new and thank you for those who have been here for the long haul. Trust me, we want you here. We want to help you. We want to see you have fun with your Isuzu, or at the least, fix whatever problem that induced you to search us out. You have truly found the best place on the Internet for Isuzu 4x4 information.

This is an Isuzu 4x4 forum and as such is orientated in that direction. We are more than willing to help with 2wd questions, but please remember that a majority of those here are here because we like to play with our 4x4 rigs. If you want neon, lowering tips, or other non-4x4 information, we will help, but there might be better places on the Internet to help you out.

Let’s start with the forum descriptions. We have three distinct forums for a reason. This keeps the various discussions in some kind of semi-logical order. Yes, there is some crossover occasionally and sometimes it is a judgment call by the moderators as to what goes where.

Please try to place your posts in the appropriate locations. If it needs to be moved, we can do that.

TALK Forum:
"These forums are for discussions on general topics covering all models of Isuzu Trucks, SUVs & 4x4s."

Isuzu TECH Forum:
"This is a general forum covering technical aspects of all models of Isuzu Trucks, SUVs & 4x4s."

Isuzu DIESEL Forum:
"Discussion about Isuzu diesel trucks, 4x4s & engines - worldwide."

PLEASE DO NOT CROSS-POST, or POST THE SAME THING IN MORE THAN ONE FORUM

Both forums are read by almost all the readership. There is no reason to try and get the best “coverage” for your question. It either falls under Tech or Talk, but never both.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mlclarkModerator
Isuzu Moderator

Re: Forum Posting Guidelines [Re: mlclark]
      #653625 - 01/05/05 12:14 AM

A few posting guidelines:

• Before asking a question, take a moment to run a search. This forum has been here for years, and a lot of knowledge has been accumulated during that time. Chances are your question has been addressed to some degree at some point along the way. Out of courtesy for those members who have answered hundreds of these questions, please search first. At the least, it may give you some insight into your own problem and you will be better prepared to ask further questions to get even better help from our forums.

• The newest version of software has a pretty good search function. Search for intelligent things. Searching for things like "tires" or "wheels" or "stereo", will bring up what you are probably looking for. Searching for "What tires fit my 98 Rodeo", will probably not. HERE is a link to an excellent post by Randii that should help you out.

• Please use the TECH forum for TECH questions only. Any Isuzu related TALK should be posted in the TALK forum. Questions about lifts, SAS choices, tires, wheels, stereos, alarm systems, window tinting, neon lights, and mufflers are TALK subjects. Trust me, that is just the way it is.

• No personal attacks, or those that could be construed as such, will ever be tolerated. Period. If you don't like something someone says, let us (the moderators) know. If you don't like what we do, let us know IN PRIVATE. There is a button at the bottom of each post that notifies the moderators of questionable posts. Public discussion of moderation activates is not allowed because it serves no purpose. We are all more than happy to discuss any of our actions with you in a rational and mature manner.

• Please take a moment to fill in the information in your profile, i.e. Location, etc. This is sometimes helpful in answering your question and it is even more important for us to know WHAT your vehicle is in order to help you. Listing your vehicle's make/model/year in your signature and your profile is very helpful. Even better, put it in your post. Some of us do not even view sig lines. This avoids a lot of questioning afterwards about what exactly we are trying to discuss.

• For Sale and Wanted items need to be posted in those forums. A For Sale post can be made in TALK with a LINK to the original post in the For Sale or Wanted forum. The moderators will then lock the thread in TALK to prevent any discussion from taking place outside of the For Sale forum. Wanted items need to be placed in the Wanted forum. The same goes for trailrides. Announce it in the Trailride forum and post a link in TALK.
  • As is the policy of the For Sale forum, no links to your personal auction will be allowed. There is one person allowed to post his stuff that is for sale via auction links, and it is not you.

• As a service we provide Personal Messages (PMs) for registered users... if you tend to miss them, turn on email notification so that you will get an email when you receive a PM. An icon will also flash in the header at the top of the page if you have a new PM. Also, do not post a topic directed at only one member of this community. That is what PMs are for.

• Do not use profanity. Peroid. If you would not say it to your priest, daughter or grandma, then don't say it here. Of course there are exceptions depending on your personal relationship with your priest, daughter or grandmother, but use some common sense, you all know what I am talking about. This is a family oriented board and we do not want little Johnny popping off at the next family gathering with something he read here. You will get one warning from us and if you continue to use improper language, you will be banned. Very little tolerance on this one because it is up to you to read you post before hitting the button to submit it.

• Do not discuss illegal activities. Illegal wheeling (trespassing), speeding, racing, or emissions tampering can all be considered illegal. You know if it illegal and even if it is on the borderline, use some restraint. You do not have to post all of your activities on the internet, no matter how compulsive it feels to do so. If it might be perceived as illegal, JUST DON'T POST IT!! Again, this is a zero tolerance topic.

• There is no bashing of newbies around here. I don't even like using the word "newbie", but we all know what I mean. Post count means nothing, like it might on other boards.

These guidelines will help to ensure that this forum runs as smoothly as it always has. Most of these are common sense, but are included for a reminder for our regulars, and a guide for our new members.

These boards are a wealth of information. Sometimes it is harder to ferret out some things, but...if you do not take the time to search, don't expect for people to take their time to answer a question they have answered a hundred times already.

Finally, please remember, nobody here gets paid. We are all here because we love discussing Isuzus. I only ask for some respect to be given for those members who do answer your questions. There is never a bad question and we all are learning new things. Some people are just further back on the learning curve, than others. No big deal, we all want to help you.

mlclarkModerator
Isuzu Moderator

#840544 - 01/27/06 10:22 PM

Some more general suggestions:

• Subject lines: Be creative, be unique, it does not matter. Just be descriptive. "HELP ME!!!!!!!" does not give people much to work with.

• Remember, all-caps is yelling. We all understand your urgency to solve your problem, but you do not have to shout like it is on fire. If it is on fire, we won't be able to help you as much as your local fire department. They probably should be your first call, posting here can be your second action after the phone call.

• Details details details. We are more than willing to help you, but please be detailed in the description of your problem. It does not have to be perfect, but we absolutely cannot work with “It broke” or “It’s making a funny noise. Why?” We really need as much info as possible to help you out.

Remember, if we move your post, it really is just for the purpose of keeping this place running smoothly. Nobody is "in trouble", nor did they do something "wrong". It is just part of what we get paid the big bucks to do.

mlclarkModerator
Isuzu Moderator

#840545 - 01/27/06 10:22 PM

Finally, if you have any questions, please ask. That is what we are here for. It is easier to ask a moderator than for us to have to come in and clean up something that should not have happened in the first place.

The above posts are intended as a guide. While there are a few that we will not budge on, we really have very few "rules" around here. Most of this revolves around common sense with the common goal of providing a fun location to discuss and share information about Isuzus. There are many other places on the internet to discuss every thing else under the sun. Here, it is about Isuzus.

Most of our guidelines are open for private discussion, but realize that most of them are relatively hard and fast and are that way for reasons the moderation team have formed over the years.

Thank You

mlclarkModerator
Isuzu Moderator

#847934 - 02/12/06 05:57 PM

OK, I finally got around to adding some kind of organization to this sticky.

I would appreciate it if everyone took a second to read over it. It is useful for everyone, regardless of your length of stay here.

I would also like anything that is confusing, not clear or plain missing to be brought to my attention. Just drop me a PM and I will do what I can to fix it.

Thanks

mlclarkModerator
Isuzu Moderator

#864062 - 03/19/06 08:01 PM

It's time to bring a bit of attention to this thread. I welcome those of you who are new to our little corner of the internet.

I ask you to take a bit of time and read the above posts. No only do they outline a few things here, they should give you an idea of how we approach life.

Please try and place your posts in the correct forum. It is no big deal to move them, but we try and keep the Tech and Talk stuff separate for good reasons.

If there is something that is confusing or you think I should add, just let me know.

Thanks,
Michael

mlclarkModerator
Isuzu Moderator

#951780 - 12/21/06 09:45 PM

Here is a great thread about how to search.

LINK

jezericModerator
Isuzu Moderator

Reged: 05/24/02
Loc: NW Ohio
      #1010873 - 06/10/07 10:44 PM

Time to re-emphasize emphasize for the new season.

James

--------------------
Happiness is building a Lego catapult with your daughter to besiege the living room couch.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  jezeric, Jim_Paget, houlster, mlclark, strawmyers 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 15235

Rate this topic

Jump to

4x4Wire.com | OutdoorWire | MUIRNet News | 4x4Voice | 4x4Wire on FaceBook
About 4x4Wire | Advertiser's Guide |
This site and all original materials contained herein are Copyright 1999 - 2013 by OutdoorWire, Inc. -- All Rights Reserved.
The use of this website, OutdoorWire, or any of its publications or services is subject to the terms of use agreement.
You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material.
All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This publication and OutdoorWire, Inc. assume no liability for your use of the material contained within this site.
OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, SUVWire, JeepWire, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc.

Contact 4x4Wire | Privacy statement 4x4Wire TrailTalk Forums