HUMMER Sweeps Best In the Desert Season Finale, Secures Season Championships
DETROIT – Team HUMMER concluded the 2008 desert racing season with its second hat-trick of the year as it swept the stock classes at the December 6, Best In the Desert (BITD) Racing Association’s FabTech Desert Classic 2008 season finale.
Search 4x4Wire for more on OHV recreation and 4x4 Tech
The victories also secured the team’s sweep of all three BITD stock class season championships, adding to the pair of SCORE International stock class season championships secured at the 2008 Baja 1000. With a total of five class season championships, 2008 marks the most successful year for HUMMER Racing since the team was founded in 1993.
“In a sport where just finishing the race is an accomplishment, our ability to win every class championship this season demonstrates the strength of the Hummer vehicles and the determination of our entire team,” said Hall.
2008 Team HUMMER season highlights include:
· Rod Hall wins SCORE International and BITD stock mini class season championship in the H3.
· Chad Hall wins SCORE International and Best In the Desert stock full season championship in the H3 Alpha’s inaugural season.
· Josh Hall wins Best in the Desert stock full truck season championship in H2 SUT’s first complete season.
· Team HUMMER becomes the first team to sweep stock class championships in both SCORE and BITD in the same season.
· A HUMMER was the first stock class vehicle to finish in eight of 10 races in 2008, including the Baja 500 and Baja 1000.
About Team HUMMER
Team HUMMER was founded by legendary off-road racer Rod Hall in 1993. Since then, Rod and his sons Josh and Chad have compiled 14 class wins at the SCORE Baja 1000; countless podium finishes in the Best in the Desert (BitD) Racing Association series; four SCORE class championships; and five BitD class championships. Team HUMMER competes with the H3, H2 SUT and H3 Alpha in the stock class, which features production-based vehicles with stock frames, stock suspension designs and production-based engines. For more information about Team HUMMER, visit www.rodhallracing.com
HUMMER is a division of General Motors Corp. (NYSE: GM), the world’s largest vehicle manufacturer, which employs about 266,000 people globally. HUMMER is one of the world's fastest growing truck brands, with a product line-up that consists of the H2, H2 SUT, H3, H3 Alpha and award-winning H3T. HUMMER models are available today in 37 countries around the globe. Information on HUMMER products is available at www.hummer.com.
# # #