The program marks Garmin’s first major automotive navigation system to be installed at the factory. The system combines Garmin’s best-selling, affordable, and intuitive user interface into Chrysler’s Uconnect radio that merges technology and content into one 6.5” touchscreen display.
“Garmin is uniquely positioned to quickly bring the latest and greatest navigation technology to an in-dash environment – priced at a level that mainstream drivers can afford,” said Cliff Pemble, Garmin’s president and chief operating officer. “Being a navigation provider for Chrysler is a significant and long sought-after achievement for our company. We look forward to collaborating with them on this exciting project.”
The collaborative effort puts Garmin’s nüvi-like consumer experience – complete with affordable map updates – into an original equipment, in-dash radio. The navigator includes highly detailed Navteq maps of North America with nearly six million points of interest, as well as many cutting-edge features found in Garmin’s newest portable devices, like:
• Lane Assist - guides you to the correct lane for an approaching turn or exit, making unfamiliar intersections and exits easy to navigate.
• Junction View - realistically displays 3D road signs and junctions on your route along with arrows that indicate the proper lane for navigation.
• Speed Limit & Current Speed – know at a glance whether you’re within the posted speed limit.
• Where Am I? - get your exact latitude and longitude coordinates, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and fuel stations.
• Speaks Street Names – so you never have to take your eyes off the road.
• Customized Vehicle Icons – personalize your navigation with Chrysler-specific icons.
Currently celebrating its 20th anniversary, Garmin has pioneered navigation and communication devices that enrich people’s lives. Garmin’s market breadth in the GPS industry is second to none having developed innovative products and established market leadership position in each of the markets it serves, including automotive, aviation, marine, fitness and outdoor recreation. The company currently has relationships with a number of automotive manufacturers around the world.
Garmin International Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation. Since 1989, this group of companies has designed, manufactured, marketed and sold navigation, communication and information devices and applications – most of which are enabled by GPS technology. Garmin’s products serve automotive, mobile, wireless, outdoor recreation, marine, aviation, and OEM applications. Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in the Cayman Islands, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit Garmin's virtual pressroom at www.garmin.com/pressroomor contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200. Garmin and nüvi are registered trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.