4x4Wire Discussions

Featuring news and information about OHV recreation and environment issues around the nation.

Temporary off-highway vehicle trail closures begin in November

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources will restrict recreational use of off-highway vehicles (OHVs) in some areas during the upcoming firearms deer hunting season. Vehicles affected by the restrictions include all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), off-highway motorcycles (OHMs) and registered off-roa...

Most of Oak Creek Canyon to reopen Wednesday

Visitors urged to continue to use caution Sedona, Ariz. – This summer, Coconino National Forest managers, along with the City of Sedona, Sedona Fire District, Coconino and Yavapai Counties and State partners, have worked diligently to assess and mitigate hazards caused by the Slide Fire in Oak Cr...

What does the term mean?

Land use efforts come with many strange terms.  If you are faced with a bureaucratic term and no definition, check my MUIRNet Glossary at the below link......

HR 1459 - Good for recreation

[img]pictures/articles/dsc00642.jpg[/img] Ensuring Public Involvement in the Creation of National Monuments Act - Amends the Antiquities Act of 1906 to subject national monument declarations by the President to the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (NEPA). Prohibits: (1) the Preside...

Rattlesnakes

I know I sent out a rattlesnake season reminder to the district while ago, but we are getting a lot of reports of rattlesnake sightings.  So this is another reminder. Folks working out in the Coxey area have seen a number of them and none have rattled.  One was eye level in a live oak tree!  One of ...

Ultramount Relaoding Press Mount

When I began reloading, I mounted my press to a solid (I thought) cabinet top.  It wasn’t long before I began to notice that with each downward pull of the press handle, the cabinet top would flex.  That is when I understood what others have said that a solid mount for a reloading press is a must.A ...

Continental Releases Glossary of Industry TPMS Terms

Allentown, PA (June 2014) – Continental Commercial Vehicles & Aftermarket, one of the industry’s leading manufacturers of complete OE Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS), OE-engineered TPMS replacement parts and the maker of the VDO REDI-Sensor™ Multi-Application TPMS Sensor, has just released a...

Sharps Relia-Bolt Fires 7,500 Rounds Jam Free in Independent Test

Glen Rock, Wy--The new Sharps Relia-Bolt for Ar/Msr rifles consecutively fired 7,500 rounds of .223 ammunition during an independent firearm test without a jam."We were not trying to set a record. We just told the testers to shoot it till it jammed. After 7500 jam free rounds and a fried barrel, we ...

2014-15 Arizona Hunting Regulations are online now

Arizona Game and Fish now accepting paper applications for 2014 fall hunts; online application service will be available in early to mid-May The Arizona Game and Fish Department has posted the 2014-15 Arizona Hunting Regulations online at www.azgfd.gov/draw. Hunters may now apply for a 2014 hu...

Replacing your Catalytic Converter

A catalytic converter is required on most motor vehicles to meet federal and state smog requirements.  And, catalytic converters (CAT) to need replacement.  When replacing a catalytic converter, be aware that each CAT has a stamping/identification particular to that engine and class of vehicles.  Th...

There are no discussions available here currently
  1. Posts: 427
  2. Resolved Posts: 0
  3. Unresolved Posts: 427
  4. Latest Member: Evelin Weiss
Online Members
4x4Wire.com

OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, JeepWire, TrailTalk, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc. and MUIRNet Consulting. Copyright (c) 1999-2019 OutdoorWire, Inc and MUIRNet Consulting - All Rights Reserved, no part of this publication may be reproduced in any form without express written permission. You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material. All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.