4x4Wire Live Search

Search - Easy Blog
Search - Categories
Search - Contacts
Search - Content
Search - News Feeds
Search - Web Links
Search - EasyDiscuss
Search - Tags

4x4Wire Discussions

Featuring news and information about OHV recreation and environment issues around the nation. (Site registration required to post)
  1. John Stewart
  2. General Trails
  3. Saturday, 05 November 2016

Spouses of active duty members qualify for resident status

PHOENIX (Nov. 4, 2016) — The Arizona Game and Fish Department reminds all active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces stationed in Arizona that they, and their spouses, may purchase resident hunting and fishing licenses.

The current law stipulates that an active duty member permanently or temporarily stationed in Arizona may purchase a resident license permitting the taking of wildlife. That privilege recently has been extended to their spouses, as well.   

Gov. Doug Ducey signed House Bill 2324, sponsored by state Rep. Frank Pratt (LD-8, Casa Grande), in May. The Arizona Game and Fish Commission voted unanimously in January to support this expression of gratitude for those who serve. The law became effective Aug. 6.   

“Through the years, the department and commission have been proud to provide opportunities for our active military members and veterans,” said Pat Madden, commission chairman. “We’re grateful for their sacrifice and service, and we’re honored to be able to extend this privilege to their spouses.” 

A valid license is required for the taking of wildlife, including fish, in Arizona. A resident can purchase a combination license (hunting and fishing), valid for 365 days from the date of purchase, for only $57.  

Licenses can be purchased at all department offices and more than 300 license dealers statewide, as well as online by visiting https://license.azgfd.gov/home.xhtml. If a license is purchased online, it must be printed from a home computer. The department will not mail any license purchased online.

The license also will allow the spouse of an active duty member to apply for big game hunt permit-tags as a resident.

For more information, call (602) 942-3000.

John Stewart Managing Editor - 4x4Voice - 4x4Wire - MUIRNet.net Natural Resources Consultant - California Four Wheel Drive Association - http://www.cal4wheel.com Board of Directors - BlueRibbon Coalition http://www.sharetrails.org

There are no comments made yet.

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

OutdoorWire Websites



Portal page for OutdoorWire Access and Landuse Central Read More


California OHV recreation news and information Read More
MUIRNet News

MUIRNet News

News and information about outdoor recreation Read More


Off road recreation and news and information Read More

TrailTalk Forums

4x4Wire TrailTalk Forums for 4x4 tech information Read More
  • 1

4x4Wire Tech Section

Jeep 4x4 Tech

Jeep 4x4 Tech

Jeep Tech from JeepWire Read More
Toyota 4x4 Tech

Toyota 4x4 Tech

Toyota Tech from 4x4Wire Read More
Mitsubishi 4x4 Tech

Mitsubishi 4x4 Tech

Mitsubishi Tech from 4x4Wire Read More
Isuzu 4x4 Tech

Isuzu 4x4 Tech

Isuzu Tech from 4x4Wire Read More
  • 1