Cooling System Parts Available
BENICIA, Calif., May 1, 2009 /PRNewswire/ -- 1-800-Radiator responded to Chrysler's anticipated bankruptcy filing with an announcement today that it will be ramping up its stock levels of replacement cooling parts for Chrysler automobiles.
1-800-Radiator estimates over one million cooling system replacement parts will be needed in the next 12 months for Chrysler models currently on the road.
The company projects that Chrysler's Town and Country Van will lead the list, with approximately 116,000 cooling replacement parts, followed by the PT Cruiser with 113,000 and the Sebrings with 47,000 replacements.
Radiators, condensers and compressors are projected to comprise 75 percent of all Chrysler cooling parts replacements. Evaporators, dryers, heaters, fan assemblies and expansion valves will comprise most of the rest.
"People are going to need to get their cars repaired at increasing rates, now that fewer new cars are being sold," says Mike Rippey, CEO of 1-800-Radiator. "We will continue to be the leading provider of cooling and air conditioning parts to the nation's auto repair shops, especially now with the possible closures of many of the U.S. automakers' parts suppliers."
1-800-Radiator estimates most cooling part replacements due to wear-and-tear will occur in Chryslers eight to nine years old. These replacements will consist primarily of radiators and air conditioning parts. These will account for nearly 70 percent of all replacements. Most of the remaining 30 percent will come from crash repairs. The average Chrysler crash replacements will occur in models two to three years old. Crash replacement parts will consist mainly of condensers, fan assemblies and radiators.
1-800-Radiator is also increasing stock levels for General Motors and Ford vehicles in light of the uncertainties faced by the automakers and the projected closings of more than one thousand dealers.
1-800-Radiator is North America's established authority regarding automotive cooling and heating replacement parts. In its 268 nationwide locations, 1-800-Radiator receives nearly seven million phone calls from customers annually. Data from all phone calls are tabulated daily to gain the clearest picture on up-to-the-minute automotive market demand by region, in the U.S. and Canada.
1-800-Radiator is the largest independent parts distributor in the nation. The company continues to increase market share through added product lines and acquisitions. The 1-800-Radiator business model provides retail and wholesale customers with radiators delivered to their doorstep in a matter of hours at competitive pricing. To its franchisees, 1-800-Radiator provides state-of-the-art software technology, along with 24-7 support. For more information about the company or available franchises for sale, go to: http://www.1800radiator.com.
- Hits: 4449