BOISE, ID (Oct 20, 2010) – The public is invited to four meetings hosted by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Boise District Office (BDO) to discuss the development of a Travel Management Plan (TMP). The TMP will address all motorized routes on public lands in the portion of Owyhee County lying west of the Bruneau River, outside of wilderness areas.
- Category: Public Meetings and Comment Opportunity
- Written by BLM Press Release
- Hits: 1307
The plan is required by the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009. When the Jarbidge Resource Management Plan has been completed, a TMP will be developed for the area east of the Bruneau River.
Meetings will be held from 5:30 to 8:30 PM at the following locations:
· October 27, 2010 BLM Boise District Office, 3948 Development Ave, Boise, Idaho
· November 4, 2010 Nampa Civic Center, 311 Third St South, Nampa, Idaho
· November 9, 2010 Rimrock High School, 39678 State Hwy 78, Grandview, Idaho
· November 10, 2010 Owyhee Historical Museum, 17085 Basey Street, Murphy, Idaho
At the meetings, the public may review baseline route inventory maps to help BLM ensure the most accurate route information is used during the planning process. Attendees will also be asked to identify issues of concern that they would like to see addressed in the TMP. The meetings will be in an open house format, with maps of the area displayed.
Individuals having questions about the meetings may contact TJ Clifford, BLM outdoor recreation planner, at 208-384-3459.